Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Yarn Along :: pink!


Joining Ginny for another Yarn Along
It's been quite a long time since I bought or wore anything pink. This is my Mustard Scarf, it's almost finished and I realized while working on it this morning that I somehow have gained an extra 10 stitches?! I'm just going to keep on going with it though, I don't think it will affect the finished look (not while it's on anyways!). Next I'm going to knit myself a 'Ela's Favorite Hat' from One Skein Wonders 101 Yarn Shop Favorites. My mom knit me one of these hats for Christmas and I've loved the fit so much and I wear it all the time.

Bill thought it strange that I should be knitting hats and scarfs this late in the season but I know there's still more winter left here and I need something new, bright, and pretty to get through the rest of it.

I'm still reading Sisters in the Wilderness from my last Yarn Along. I've become so interested in the lives of Catharine Parr Traill and Susanna Moodie, a main reason is because they were settled right here in the very area of Ontario we live in, the struggles they endured are just unbelievable, heart breaking, and often inspirational.

No comments: